Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag is an all-in-one antimicrobial foam dressing, designed for a wide range of medium to high exuding wounds showing clinical signs of infection or at high risk of infection, such as pressure ulcers but also traumatic wounds and secondary healing wounds.
The soft, conformable dressing maintains a moist wound environment, which provides the wound with an optimal healing environment. Dressings with Safetac seals the wound edges, minimising the risk of maceration6.
As pain is one of the typical clinical signs of infection, most infected wounds are painful. Inflicting unnecessary suffering to patients causes stress and is hard to justify. Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag is a dressing with Safetac, offering less pain for patients at dressing changes and when repositioning the dressing. Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag contains silver sulfate, and the antimicrobial activity of this silver technology helps to reduce bio-burden after 30 minutes, killing 99.9 per cent of a wide range of bacteria for 7 days4.
Use Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag:
- To support healing of pressure ulcers in the area of the sacrum with a designed-to-fit anatomical dressing
- When antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected sacral wounds
- When antimicrobial action is indicated to act as an antimicrobial barrier in sacral wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection1
- To obtain a rapid (after 30 minutes) and sustained (for 7 days) effective antimicrobial effect4,7
- To combine antimicrobial action with a less painful and less stressful patient care management programme1,8