BARRIER laparoscopy drapes
Impermeable solutions with stretchable adhesive for laparoscopic surgery
The BARRIER® laparoscopy range is designed to meet the specific needs for laparoscopic surgery. The inflation of the abdomen, change of positions during surgery, use of tubings and instruments and the lithotomic position puts specific requirements on a safe and efficient drape.
Benefits of the main BARRIER laparoscopy designs:
- All-in-one design with integrated relevant features; for easy and efficient draping by one person, for saving time, for reducing the risk of contamination.
- BARRIER® Flex adhesive edges creates a secure seal for difficult-to-drape areas and interventions. It conforms when the abdomen is inflated, and stays well when the body is moved.
- Integrated pouches and tube holders to create an organized working area.
- Integrated tape allows adjustment of the legging length (laparoscopy drape abdo-perineal and laparoscopy drape with leggings).
- Perineal aperture with integrated cover (laparoscopy drape abdo-perineal).
- 100% impermeable material providing optimal patient safety.
BARRIER Flex adhesive edges creates a secure seal for difficult-to-drape areas and interventions. It conforms when the abdomen is inflated, and stays well when the body is moved. Failure to seal off the incision area can lead to microbial contamination, with severe consequences for the patient, and more costly aftercare for the hospital.