Wounds need to heal. Patients need care. Nurses need time. Budgets are tight. The challenge is finding a dressing that stays on as long as it is needed. Mepilex Border Comfort is a 5-layered, silicone bordered foam dressing with unique Flex Technology designed to help it conform and stay on1,2.
A recent survey3 found:
32% of healthcare professionals highlighted that frequent changes are due to ineffective dressings on their formulary
18% of healthcare professionals from across the country recognise that their formulary's dressings do not effectively handle exudate capacity
62% of healthcare professionals noted high exudate handling capacity as the key feature to ensure they can leave seven days between dressing changes
- Wound dressing changes take place on average every three days or more frequently, partly due to low quality dressings on formularies across the country
- Healthcare professionals (HCPs) stated that the quality of a dressing impacts the frequency of dressing changes. HCPs consider that dressings that can stay in place and handle exudate are key features which enable them to leave up to seven days between dressing changes
- Experts also believe that superior quality dressings could also contribute to improvements in patients’ quality of life
1. Mölnlycke Health Care. Mepilex® Border Comfort Product Manual – Conformability PD-528870. Data on file.
2. Mepilex® Border Comfort Instructions for Use. Data on file.
3. Journal of Community Nursing “Survey to uncover wound care dressing behaviours and preferences” conducted August-September 2019